Hong Kong is the right place for shoppers. It is rich in all kinds of products from all over the world, with its outstanding shopping malls, boutiques and market places. Discover the best products that you can buy at reasonable price in Hong Kong.
What kind of products can you buy in Hong Kong?
Shoppers can enjoy shopping for all kinds of items from all over the world in Hong Kong. Most common items include:
- Fine clothes and handbags and other accessories: dresses, suits and other clothing items designed by internationally renowned designers and tailors can be found in boutiques. Nearly all major international clothing, handbags and shoe brands can be found in Hong Kong, including Gucci, Versace, Chanel, Hermes, Armani, Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Escada. Products are at a low cost due to the inexistence of sales taxes.
- Cosmetics, perfumes and fine jewelry
- Electronics and computers.
Where to buy these products?
Several reputable stores are located in Hong Kong. Therefore, shoppers have a wide range of shops and brands to choose from. To buy designer clothes, handbags, cosmetics and perfumes, go to The Landmark, IFC Mall, Pacific Place and Harbour City.
For tailored clothing items, opt for the Punjab House, the Empire International Tailors, Sam's Tailor, or Jim's Tailor Workshop. Other good places for cosmetics and perfumes are the SOGO Department Store and the Festival Walk. Jewelry can be found at Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Henessy Road and Des Voeux Road.
To buy fine watches, opt for such reputable shops as the Emperor Watch Shop, Time Watch Shop, Oriental Watch Shop, Kowloon Watch Shop that are in Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok, and Central. Famous brands of watches can be found in any Watch Shop, including Rolex, Chopand, Cartier, TAG Heuer, Piaget, and Patek Philippe. For electronic gadgets and computers, go to the Golden Computer Center, Star Computer City, Wan Chai Computer Center, or Mong Kok Computer Center.
How to make the most from your shopping?
Here are some tips for the traveler shoppers.
- Shop for clothes, handbags, shoes jewelry and other accessories from well-known, reputable stores. They offer sales between Christmas and the Chinese New Year. Prices are much lower during sales. If you buy golden jewelry, always ask for an authenticity certificate and a receipt.
- Make sure that the products you buy are all right before you buy them. Ask the shopkeeper about the return policy, so that you can return any defective item within the given period of time. Make sure that the product is not past the expiry date and is sealed with its original packaging.
If you buy electronics or computers, it is possible to discuss the price with the shopkeeper. Always make sure that the voltage and the system is compatible with that of your home country. Ask for a warranty license and check how long the equipment will be under warranty.
If the item is defective within the warranty period, it I acceptable to return and replace it. Ask also about after-sales services in case the item is broken after the warranty period.
To make the most of your shopping, eDreams can suggest you many other tips. They are just a click away. They help you buy your flight ticket to Hong Kong and even help you make money from your website on https://www.edreams-partners.com if it deals with your trip to Hong Kong.